Saturday, October 27, 2007

I found the Osaka Aveda!

Friday we were in Osaka for the Leopard release party. See Mark's Blog for pics and a video of that.

The other thing that I wanted to do was find the Aveda. As most of you know, the other cosmetics company that I am addicted to besides MAC is Aveda. I found out that there are two Aveda Salons/Spas/Stores in Japan, one in Tokyo and one in Osaka. I tried to find the Osaka one last time we were there and couldn't. It is really hard to find new places in Japan because not all of their streets have names and the addresses are very weird.

So I figured I would try again this time to find Aveda while Mark was waiting in line at the Apple store. I walked around where someone told me it was, no luck. So I asked a lady in Daimaru (dept. store) if she knew. She called the Aveda and got directions in Japanese and then showed me on a map where it was. Score!...

I walked to where she put it on the map but it wasn't there and then I thought I was past it but again, Japanese maps are hard to read. So I'm standing there looking confused and this lady stopped and asked if I needed help. I told her that I was looking for the Aveda Store and showed her the map, she said she was going in that direction and took me there! Her name was Naomi (only in Japan they pronounce it 'Nowmee') and she was so nice!

Here it is!

No comments: