Thursday, October 11, 2007

Latest book...

I just finished Never Let Me Go. It was pretty good. Although right now I am debating if I would recommend it or not... It was about a group of close friends who went to the same private school in England and realize as they grow up that they are "special" in a certain way (I don't want to say much more to give it away).

It kept me interested and it was an interesting topic, got me thinking...but I just don't know if it was that awesome.

Here is what the publisher had to say:

As a child, Kathy-now thirty-one years old-lived at Hailsham, a private school in the scenic English countryside where the children were sheltered from the outside world, brought up to believe that they were special and that their well-being was crucial not only for themselves but for the society they would eventually enter. Kathy had long ago put this idyllic past behind her, but when two of her Hailsham friends come back into her life, she stops resisting the pull of memory.

So now I just started Zorro by Isazbel Allende (thanks Lug!) and it is going great so far! Isabel Allende is one of my new favorites!

No comments: