Friday, November 16, 2007

Latest Reading...

So in the last 2 weeks I've read two books...

Geisha, a Life by Mineko Iwasaki. It is a memoir of a famous Geiko from Kyoto during the 60's and 70's. I enjoyed it, it wasn't the best book that I've ever read but it was interesting to read about Gion from an insider's point of view. Sometimes she seemed a bit full of herself but overall it was a good read.

The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. Tiff lent me this book and I really liked it. It is the story of a famous novelist whose wife disappears without any notice and the journey he takes to find her. There is a lot of philosophy in it about love and about life which is interesting. I really like his writing style and it makes me want to read more of his books.

Next I'm reading The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm also a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

The Warrior does not worry that, to others, his behavior might seem quite mad.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


See u there and have a great day!

Aart

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma, Paulo Coelho got wind of your blog through aart hilal and wants to post this article on his blog.
Paulo Coelho's blog
In case you have any restrictions, do not hesitate to write me on my email : valentinawol@gmail.com
Have a wonderful day!

And here's a quote to ponder:
The universe is going to help the Warrior of Light.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)
Valentina